Monday, February 20, 2012

The Joys of a 3 Day Weekend!

What a glorious weekend it was.  The weather for February in Ct is so warm, I was able to get outside and rake and do some weeding.  The daffys are starting to peek up out of the ground. I raked the little garden by the back of the house.  If I waited to long, they would be to tall for me to rake. I pulled the grass out of the main garden that got out of control last summer, I will have to fence that end this summer.  I had to be careful of my beloved Ladies Mantle, I did not want to rip her up if she was growing.   I visited the blue bird house, it appears they will be nesting there as we keep seeing them, but no nest yet.  I checked on my mason bee house, and I see the mud so there could be bees in there!  Mason bees job is to pollinate, they do not produce honey.  The lay their eggs, put mud in, lay more eggs, put more mud in, you get the picture.
lil Daffys popping up!


See the mud, that is how they protect the eggs.
 I made cherry almond granola as I had purchased some wonderful yogurt from the farmers market. I love making granola, and I hadn't made it in a long time.  I did not have enough honey, (maybe I should raise honey bees!) but I used maple flavored agave syrup and it came out delish!





 The fish monger at the farmers market had skate wings so I decided to try them.  I was told to make them like you would make Chicken Francaise.  We are not big fans of Skate Wings. I thought they looked pretty though.






I played in my sewing room, and finished up some UFOs or UnFinished Objects, cannot post pics though as they are gifts!


Then I got brave and fed my sour dough bread starter Sat nite, so I could make bread Sunday.  Todd from Farm to Hearth taught a class and gave us a starter.  It came out wonderful, but the structure needs to be a bit more delicate.  Tastes good though!
Straight out of the 450 degree oven!

Smells wonderful!

Tastes great with some lavender chevre from Butterfields Farm.
So that was my long weekend, I had a great time.  I have to go get the laundry out of the dryer, as some chores had to be done!




This is what Rosie did all weekend.  She did help me garden a bit.




Have a wonderful inspired week, I know I will!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love the pics of your bedding, the sunlight and the curtains. I don't blame Rosie one bit! Yay for daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, love the bed against the window! The moon shines in at night!

    ReplyDelete