Friday, December 30, 2011

Tis the Season

Christmas is a special time for us to spend with our families.  We gather and have fun, laugh, share sorrows, and enjoy each others company.   I still follow traditions I picked up as a little girl and I have added a few along the way.  The tree is cut down Thanksgiving weekend.  I remember as a little girl, going with my family to hang a hat or a mitten on the tree we wanted, then going back a few weeks later to cut it down. Decorating it is like a trip down memory lane, as my mom has given me some of my childhood ornaments to hang on the tree. We have new ones that we have added, and they are also wonderful memories.  As I decorate the tree, a Christmas movie is on, maybe Rudolf or Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  I have several Christmas movies on dvd, but my favorites are The Homecoming, Prancer, Holiday Inn, Christmas in Connecticut and any of the Dickens A Christmas Carol versions! Baking cookies is always fun, and this year I participated in the Coventry Regional Farmers Market cookie swap and received many fabulous cookies! 
We spend Christmas Eve with Ricks family at his sisters home.  There are at least 20 people there every year and it is so much fun. Ricks sisters table decor and decorations throughout the house are beautiful.  She usually has a theme and this year was Silvery Woodlands.  I bring a dessert and I like to keep in line with the theme so I made a Buche de Noel with meringue mushrooms.  
Christmas day is spent with my family.  My niece Olivia is 6 and we had such a wonderful time with her, watching her open her gifts and she loves to pass out the gifts.  It is such a warm feeling to be home with my parents and our whole family!
Here are some pictures of our home at Christmas!
                              I hope that you all had as wonderful a Holiday season as we had!
Our rustic Christmas


Buche de Noel




Our tree, love the fat ones!
















My Christmas Faerie




I love this feather wreath that I purchased at one of the Christmas shows I vended at.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Rustic Christmas tree and decorations.. just so "homey",and inviting for A perfect Christmas scene ! I love the log cake...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,
    I just love the fat tree's too!! Yours is beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us! I feel all warm inside just reading about your day!
    Thank you!!
    Happy New Year!!
    xoxox
    Cheryl;-)

    ReplyDelete