Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas date with my love!

What an incredible evening.  A full Oak Moon overhead, we took the half hour drive to the Golden Lamb Buttery for a wonderful night together.  We arrived and looked around, it has been years since I was there last.  A tall beautiful tree was center in the room and we were greeted promptly and introduced to our server for the evening,  Jackie.  She brought us 2 hot mulled ciders and we proceeded to go on a hay ride with Susan Lamb and she played her guitar and we all sang Christmas carols under the moon.  We saw herds of deer as we sang.  There were 2 couples, a bit older that were on the ride with us.  They had evening tuxedos and long ball gowns and furs and they were having a grand ol time!!  They reminded me of old time movies where people actually dressed up to go out for the evening.  When we arrived back we were brought to our table by Jackie.  We were upstairs, I had never been up there for dinner.   We had ordered our meal before the ride, Pork Normandy for myself, and Rick had Chateaubriand.  Rick had an amazing kale and sausage soup and I had a poached pear salad.  Our meals arrived and they were delicious.  As we dined, the Madrigal Singers came around and sang Christmas carols in Elizabethan garb.   Susan came around to each table and took requests.  The table before us took my favorite, Oh Holy Night, so I requested Silver Bells.  She has a wonderful voice and did all the songs she sang justice.
Several vegetable side dishes were brought around and I was so full I did not finish my wonderful bread pudding dessert, so it will be breakfast!  Ricks mixed fruit compote was equally delish, and there was a hint of ginger in it so I will have to try that sometime.  Cappuccino finished the meal.  We had a wonder leisurely dinner, we did not have to rush or worry about holding up a table as the table was ours for the evening. What a nice date with Rick, we could catch up and just enjoy each others company for an evening.
Here are some pictures and the link to their website.
http://www.thegoldenlamb.com/

The view from our table

Rick looking so handsome in his suit!  I could see the moon out the window behind him as we ate.

The Madrigal Singers

The first bracelet is one my niece Olivia made me from a gold pipecleaner and some beads.

Inside







Outside of the Golden Lamb Buttery

Ricks fruit compote with Vanilla Ice cream

My Bread Pudding

5 comments:

  1. oh WoW! how much fun! the food looks delish and the farm so charming! so glad you had fun colleen. merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We have a spot very similar in Pawlet, VT call the Barn. Simply magical inside and the food was to die for. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy and Lorraine, Thanks for reading! It was a special and magical night! I will have to google The Barn, we love Vermont!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen,
    What a wonderful and special evening!! The hot mulled cider and hayride under the full moon singing Christmas Carols sounds just about the most perfect Christmas evening one could have!!
    Have a wonderful rest of the holiday season!! Merry Christmas!!!
    xoxoxo
    Cheryl;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, it was a perfect evening!

    ReplyDelete